Typing /ˈtīpiNG/ – the action or skill of writing something by means of a typewriter or computer.
According to Wikipedia, the average professional in America types at an average rate of 38-40 wmp (we know our avid Das Keyboard users rate much higher). Since efficient typing is what we’re all about we wanted to salute some notable typing record holders from around the world.
1. Barbara Blackburn – She holds the title of the World’s Fastest Typer for her ability to maintain a speed of 150 wpm for almost an hour and had a top record speed of 212 wpm.
2. Michael Shestov – He can type in more than 27 languages. Need we say more.
3. Neeta – In a minute and thirty-three seconds, this talented Indian woman typed a 103 character text with her nose.
4. Grace Pak – In 2012, she held the world record for the fastest smartphone typist for her astounding 280 character per minute text. Hope she has the unlimited plan.
5. Hank Torres – He lost all use of his arms and legs after a hang-gliding accident and still set the world record for the fastest hands-free typing.
The most bad ass thing ever: Sean Wrona – He won the Ultimate Typing Championship at SXSW in 2010 for typing at an alarming rate of 163 words per minute.
We’re curious….do you have an impressive typing talent?